Saturday, September 02, 2006

disclaimer

in good postmodern fashion, i want to have a disclaimer on my site. if i'm going to start putting my thoughts on various things online, i thought i had better warn you: i'm prone to changing my mind. :)

one of the students i work with at purdue calumet had a great quote as a signature on her email for awhile. it describes well my disclaimer:

"Although it may be unnecessary to state the obvious, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the opinions that I express here are but my own, and naturally, that I reserve the right to change them at any time that I am convinced, by the use of reason and better logic, of the error of my ways." (Juan R. Torruella)

that describes me well. i'm obviously not that postmodern :). i'm pretty swayed by evidence...although sometimes if i get a picture in my head of what could or should be, i may disregard evidence on the way to fulfilling that picture.

so there it is. that's my disclaimer

No comments: